Pastoralism Information Notes
In 2009 or 2010 (no date given), the Natural Resources Institute (NRI) brought out a series of eight “Pastoralism Information Notes” under coordination by John Morton. The notes, each by different authors, cover the following topics:
- Opportunities for pastoralist development
- Challenges to pastoral development
- Rights, governance and voice
- Improving risk reduction and relief development linkages
- Pastoralism and climate change
- Pastoral education
- Facilitating access to world markets
- Livelihood diversification for pastoralists
Each briefing presents the context, policy implications, ways forward and evidence of change.
Although the briefings are about pastoralism worldwide, much of the information and examples comes from the Horn of Africa.